Regulations for Use of George Mason Facilities
Facilities use, support services and fees charged are governed by University Policy 1103 (Space Utilization and Scheduling), and all addendum. Also, as a condition of using George Mason University Property, the requesting organizations agrees to the following:
- All requests for reservation of university facilities and services must be confirmed by facility directors and are granted when a proposed activity meets the policies governing activities in the requested facility. The university reserves the right to terminate this agreement if the information given on this form changes substantially without the express approval of the university. The university reserves the right to move the location of an event for prudent reasons, including but not limited to safety, user priority and appropriateness of space.
- The university may deny the use of facilities at any time when not in compliance with provisions of University Policy 1103.
- The requesting organization agrees to pay for services of special university personnel provided by the University at the organization’s request. Contractual services for catering, room set-up, custodial, and other services are the responsibility of the requesting organization/person. As a condition of use, the University may require the services of additional maintenance personnel at the cost of the requesting organization/person.
- The University reserves the right to terminate facility reservations for any activity if it determines, while the activity is going on, that facility equipment and/or furnishings are being damaged as a result of the activity, or if it determines that the activity is endangering the health of safety of patrons, interfering with the processes of the University, or infringing on the rights of others.
- The authorized representatives signing this reservation form commit the organization to the University for the accuracy of all information provided, for the conduct of the event as proposed, and for the payment of any applicable fees and any usage and damage charges incurred through the use of the facility.
- Future requests for reservation of University facilities will be denied and other sanctions may be applied to the requesting organization for failure to pay for damage incurred in the facility during the terms of occupancy: failure to reimburse the University for stipulated and required service; misrepresentation of information on the Use of University Property Form through its authorized representative; or if its officers, members, or their guests fail to observe the provisions of University Policy 1103 and the rules and regulations of the University and the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- The requesting organization may not transfer, assign, or loan the authorized facility to another organization.
- Service of food and beverages in any area of the University must comply with the Commonwealth of Virginia and University regulations concerning such service. Posted restrictions on smoking must be observed.
- Identification of any individual on the premises of University facilities may be required at any time at the discretion of an administrative officer of the University or University Police.
- If the requesting organization finds it will not be using the facility, an authorized representative is required to cancel the reservation with the Office of Events Management promptly, so other groups can make reservations. Failure to cancel reservation will result in penalties as delineated in University Policy 1103.
- Organizations using University property may be required to furnish the University with specific provisions of Insurance covering the following areas as set forth in University Policy 1103; general, personal and liquor liability; property insurance of bond; workers compensation; and indemnification of the University from all lien bills.
- University and non-University agencies using George Mason University facilities are not restricted by, nor may they restrict, on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, national origin, or political persuasion.
- The organization agrees to be aware of and abide by fire safety regulations and procedures, including the proper exit procedures, room capability, and room setup requirements.
- The scheduling of meetings, events, or programs does not connote institutional endorsement or approval of the content of your activity. Based on the information you provide on or with the Use of University Property Form, you may be required to consult with you advisor or other University staff/faculty prior to space approval. [However, space will not be denied to your organization unless the content of your activity is; 1) in violation of federal, state, or local laws; 2) contrary to institutional policy; 3) likely to provide substantial disruption to the educational mission of George Mason University.]
- All non-university groups must pay a deposit in advance. Additional costs may be billed at a later date.