Welcome to George Mason University
Important Announcement regarding events on campus
Events have resumed on campus. Virtual events are still strongly encouraged. Guidelines for virtual events can be found on the Virtual Events website. If you wish to hold your event in person, or are planning a hybrid in-person and virtual event, the university is implementing the following requirements and guidelines. For more information on these guidelines, please read The Fall 2020 Events Guidelines and Process.
Events will be held in accordance with current phase guidelines for Commonwealth of Virginia businesses and Mason’s Event Exception Committee guidelines:
- Meeting participants must wear face coverings.
- On-campus events/gatherings limited to 25 participants, including organizers.
- Off-campus events/gatherings limited to 10 participants, including organizers.
- Groups can occupy a maximum of 30 percent of the event space.
- Spaces must be configured to ensure that:
- Ten feet of physical distance is maintained for exercise activities, singing, or cheering.
- Six feet of distance is maintained for all other events.
- Events/gatherings must be seated or have clearly marked space to ensure physical distancing.
- Events/gatherings cannot be open to the general public.
- Exits must be configured to reduce bottlenecks when people leave.
- Signs must be posted at entrances stating that no one with a fever or symptoms of COVID-19, or known exposure to a COVID-19 case in the prior 14 days, can enter.
- Participants must complete the Mason COVID Health✓™ survey and receive a “green light” status on the day of the event.
- Signs must be posted with public health reminders on physical distancing, gatherings, options for high-risk individuals, and staying home if sick.
- Staff and participants must have access to facilities to wash hands with soap and water, or be provided with alcohol-based hand sanitizers containing at least 60 percent alcohol.
To reschedule or edit a current reservation, please email email@example.com
For updates regarding the University and the Covid-19 pandemic, please visit Mason’s Safe Return to Campus website.
Updates on Commencement & Graduation Ceremonies
Update from Spring Commencement
We had hoped to be able to celebrate the Spring 2020 graduates during the upcoming Fall semester. Unfortunately due to the ongoing pandemic it will not be possible to celebrate in person during the upcoming months. An online Celebration of 2020 Mason Graduates was held Friday May 22nd. You can watch the celebration directly at GMU-TV.
2020 Graduation Slide Template
Update regarding Winter Commencement
Congratulations to all 2020 Spring, Summer and prospective Winter Grads!
As we continue to prioritize the health and safety of our campus community, we are moving Winter graduation online and expanding the ceremony to include the entire class of 2020. Please join the class of 2020 this December 17th as we celebrate with a virtual Commencement Ceremony and conferral of degrees. We will be sharing more details soon, and updates regarding graduation will appear on the graduation website, GMU.edu/Graduation as soon as they are confirmed.
We will invite all 2020 graduates back for an in person event when it is safe to do so.
Mason is a thriving and innovative university where people and ideas flourish. Set against a picturesque, modern backdrop just minutes from Washington, DC, our prime location, well appointed venues and professional staff make Mason the ideal place to host an event. Each year thousands of exciting activities occur on Mason’s three bustling campuses. The Office of University Events (UE) is proud to support the many events that make George Mason University such a great place to be.
University Events awarded – UPIC Top Rated Service Team Excellence Award 2005
“I cannot thank you enough for all that you do for George Mason. You know how important events are to me and you exceed all of my expectations.”
— Dr. Alan G. Merten, Former President
- 25live has gone through an update called Pro. For more information, please visit our scheduling page.
Inclement Weather Policy and Event Cancellation:
Please go to www.gmu.edu for campus closure information. Please click here for our inclement weather policy to determine the status of your event within the student centers. Classrooms operate on the same schedule as the general campus – if campus is open, classrooms are open. For other departments (Athletics, Performing Arts, Other campuses, etc) – please contact them directly for their policies on closing and inclement weather.