Welcome to George Mason University
If you’re planning an event, Mason can provide a venue. There are no limits on the number of participants, but organizations must follow our guidelines.
All on-campus events must still follow certain requirements:
- All events and gatherings managers must request space in compliance with University Policy 1103 (Space Utilization and Scheduling).
- Participants are required to complete the Mason COVID Health Check and receive a “green light” status on the day of the event. Event organizers must perform a spot check of roughly 20 percent of attendees to verify a green status during check-in.
- Entrances and exits must be configured to reduce bottlenecks.
- Event organizers may choose to make masks required. Signs are available from Print Services in the HUB that can be posted at event entrances to notify attendees of mask requirements.
Programs, Events, and Camps Serving Minors
All camps/programs with minors must following the guidance of University Policy 1138, Minors on Campus, University Policy 1415, Face Coverings, and University Policy 1103, Space Utilization and Scheduling. Additional COVID Protocols:
- Participants with symptoms of any communicable disease, should be picked up within four hours of reported illness.
- Participants who become ill may return with proof of a negative PRC test and no symptoms (without the use of medication) for a 24-hour period prior to returning.
- (Overnight camps) Participants must provide a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours prior to arrival OR provide a letter from their doctor stating that they had COVID more than 10 but less than 90 days before arrival.
For the latest updates regarding the University and the Covid-19 pandemic, please visit Mason’s Safe Return to Campus website.
To reschedule or edit a current reservation, please email email@example.com
Update regarding Spring 2022 Commencement
Congratulations to all Spring 2022 Mason Grads!
For information about Spring 2022 Commencement and Degree Celebrations please visit: gmu.edu/graduation
Inclement Weather Policy and Event Cancellation:
Please go to www.gmu.edu for campus closure information. Please click here for our inclement weather policy to determine the status of your event within the student centers. Classrooms operate on the same schedule as the general campus – if campus is open, classrooms are open. For other departments (Athletics, Performing Arts, Other campuses, etc) – please contact them directly for their policies on closing and inclement weather.
For more information on George Mason University, please CLICK HERE