A number of university policies are designed to guide clients using Mason facilities. It is important to be familiar with and to adhere to these policies when having an event at Mason.
Below please find policy links to some of the most important information.
Admin Policy 1103 (Space Utilization & Scheduling)
- This policy lays out the policies for reserving and booking space on campus. It also defines our three types of events, “Internal, External, and Sponsored.”
- If your event is partnering with an External Entity, it may qualify for a 50% reduction in space rent. Please fill out the Fairfax Campus Sponsorship Request Form and return it to Lesley Irminger, firstname.lastname@example.org in University Events.
- For those serving food on campus, please note you must follow these policies and procedures and ALL Caterers MUST be approved.
- All alcohol served on campus MUST be served by an Approved Caterer with the appropriate ABC liquor license. Location of the event with alcohol must be approved in advance
- Mason Catering (Sodexo) has all the appropriate licences.
- Please note: If the university is closed due to inclement weather, events are canceled. For non-University spaces (Center for the Arts, Eagle Bank Arena, Athletics, etc) please see their respective sights for updates on events.
- Inclement weather guidelines
- Hosting an event, please see the Sign Policy on rules and regulations for posting signs on campus.
- Sign Request Form
- Events in venues managed by Event Services must be cancelled at least one business day in advance of the event start time in order to avoid a fee. Events cancelled with less than one business days’ notice will incur a late cancellation fee of $75 for each large meeting space and $25 for each small meeting space.
- If the group is a “no show*,” a fee of $100 for each large meeting space and $50 for each small meeting space will be assessed.
- Events clearly labeled as “Rain Location” in 25Live will not be charged any fees if the client ends up not needing the rain location site. This will not be considered a “no show.”
- If you reserve several spaces for your event and do not use any one of your assigned spaces, you will be charged a “no show” fee for each space not utilized during your event. Be sure to release any spaces you will not need at least one business day in advance of your event start time in order to avoid a fee.
- For more information and to see Early Opening/Late Closing/Set up Change Fees, please visit the Student Center’s Webiste
- Events clearly labeled as “Rain Location” in 25Live will not be charged any feeds if the client ends up not needing the rain location site. This will not be considered a “no show.”
Still have questions – Feel free to talk with an event manager for more details. Most of all …enjoy your event!