Thank you for considering hosting your event on one of our campuses. We have spaces to accommodate events ranging from corporate meetings to large banquet dinners. Event guidelines are rapidly changing as the status of COVID-19 changes. For the latest on Mason’s response to the pandemic and to view the latest guidelines as they apply to on campus events, please visit our home page.
To view spaces we offer within our administrative and Student Center buildings and for pricing information, please see our Programming Guide. Spaces range from $150 – $3600. We have spaces of all sizes, so please check these out to determine what rooms will suit your needs. If you are unsure if a space will work for your event, we are happy to answer any questions. Click here for diagrams of our spaces.
Once you have determined what spaces will suit your event needs or if you want to go straight to a request, you can fill out the external client form.
Please allow for at least 5 business days to review your request. If you have not heard back from us, or if your request is urgent, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once your request has been reviewed by a member of our team, we will contact you to discuss venue options, space availability, and pricing. If you choose to move forward we will begin the contracting process.
Special Use Spaces and Regional Campus Information
Performing Arts Spaces:
- Fairfax Center for the Arts
- Hylton Performing Arts Center (Prince William – Science and Technology Campus)
Recreation & Athletic Spaces:
- Recreation Fields – includes West Campus fields and RAC Fields.
- For booking please fill out the EXTERNAL RENTAL REQUEST FORM
- Athletic Fields/Spaces
- RAC Gyms and Skyline Fitness Gyms
- Tennis Courts
- Aquatic Center
- The EDGE at Mason – Located at our Prince William Science and Technology Campus
- Arlington Campus – Mason Square
- Prince William – Science and Technology Campus
- Potomac Science Center
- Point of View International Retreat & Conference Center
Please note: All events at GMU are required to carry insurance and provide George Mason with a Certificate of Insurance that names the University as “Additionally Insured” (Or the Certificate Holder).
The insurance requirements are as follows:
- Commercial General Liability in an amount no less than $1M per occurrence with a $2M aggregate
- If minors are present, Sexual Abuse and Molestation in the amount of no less than $1M with a $2M aggregate
- If you will be driving people around on campus for the event, Commercial Automobile Liability in the amount not less than $1M per occurrence
- Workers Compensation in an amount not less than that prescribed by statutory limits
- An Umbrella/Excess policy in an amount not less than $1M to apply over and above the above insurances.
At all times during this Agreement Client shall maintain the following insurance coverage:
- Commercial General Liability in an amount not less than $1,000,000 per occurrence with a $2,000,000 aggregate;
If you do not currently have insurance coverage, you can visit here to view Special Event Insurance.
All events that serve food on any George Mason University campus, must follow the Approved Catering Rules.
- All caterers must be on our approved caterer list.
- Effective January ’22 Please use THIS list.
- Any caterer NOT listed can apply to become an approved caterer. This must be completed 30 days prior to your event start date.
- All clients are required to let our office know which caterer they are using within 15 days of the event.
- All clients are required to hire a caterer or a licensed bartender for any/all alcohol services. If this group is not on the approved caterer list, they will need to be added. They will also need to present a COI that has “George Mason University Board of Visitors, its officers, officials, employees and volunteers” as ADDITIONALLY INSURED.
Please visit our Approved Catering Page for more details.