Welcome to George Mason University
UPDATE: Important Announcement regarding events on campus
An internal seated event will be set-up to allow 10 percent of the expected attendance to accommodate physical distancing for unvaccinated individuals.
External events can decide if distanced seating is necessary. This will be determined between the external organization and the Event offices.
As COVID-19 infections increase in our region, especially the prevalence of the Delta variant, effective immediately, our university again will require all individuals on our campus to wear masks indoors, regardless of vaccination status. Please click here for more information on the Mask Policy
All on-campus events must still follow certain requirements:
- All events and gatherings managers must request space in compliance with University Policy 1103 (Space Utilization and Scheduling).
- Participants must complete Mason COVID Health✓™ and receive a “green light” status on the day of the event. Event organizers must perform a spot check of 20 percent of attendees to verify a green status during check-in.
- Entrances and exits must be configured to reduce bottlenecks.
- Events cannot be open to the general public.* RSVPs are required for all events, and organizers should check in the participants and keep records of attendees/no-shows.
- If food is being served, you must follow our Dining guidelines.
*General public is defined as anyone who is not a current Mason faculty, staff or student and has not registered for an event.
To reschedule or edit a current reservation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For the latest updates regarding the University and the Covid-19 pandemic, please visit Mason’s Safe Return to Campus website.
Update regarding Spring 2021 Commencement
Congratulations to all Spring 2021 Mason Grads!
George Mason University held its 54th Spring Commencement virtually. Several in-person events were also held. For information on those events and to view recordings of the ceremonies, please go to the graduation website, GMU.edu/Graduation
COZY UP for Mason Holiday’s at Home!
The 2020 Faculty and Staff Holiday Party went virtual! Click Here all of the fun content which includes recipes, videos and information about prize winners.
Mason is a thriving and innovative university where people and ideas flourish. Set against a picturesque, modern backdrop just minutes from Washington, DC, our prime location, well appointed venues and professional staff make Mason the ideal place to host an event. Each year thousands of exciting activities occur on Mason’s three bustling campuses. The Office of University Events (UE) is proud to support the many events that make George Mason University such a great place to be.
University Events awarded – UPIC Top Rated Service Team Excellence Award 2005
“I cannot thank you enough for all that you do for George Mason. You know how important events are to me and you exceed all of my expectations.”
— Dr. Alan G. Merten, Former President
- 25live has gone through an update called Pro. For more information, please visit our scheduling page.
Inclement Weather Policy and Event Cancellation:
Please go to www.gmu.edu for campus closure information. Please click here for our inclement weather policy to determine the status of your event within the student centers. Classrooms operate on the same schedule as the general campus – if campus is open, classrooms are open. For other departments (Athletics, Performing Arts, Other campuses, etc) – please contact them directly for their policies on closing and inclement weather.